Hola! Welcome to Bonita Boutique!
Bonita Boutique is a very very small business created by two Mexico lovers, Montse Caloca & Eric Nester.
She used to spend hours just looking at the most kitsch Mexican folklore shops back in Mexico, dreaming of the day she would have a house to decorate in a similar fashion. So, the house hasn't happened (yet), but what has happened
is the store. Montse has a bachelor's degree in Communications and is an expert in Search Engine Optimization, E-commerce and Technology. Eric is a former Marine with advanced Data Analytic training- the perfect team to start an online business.
This is how Bonita Boutique was born, with the nostalgia of a Mexican living abroad, a shared passion of the Mexican folklore, and the idealistic dream of sharing the color, tradition, and art of local artisans with the world. Whether you are interested in Mexican culture or simply appreciate handmade, colorful, and unique items, this is the place for you.
Bonita Boutique values are a reflection of the owners’ values:
- Fair trade
Products and Services
In Bonita Boutique you will find, traditional Mexican clothing, (and also hybrid modern stuff) such as:
- Mexican dresses
- Embroidered blouses
- Colorful Mexican attire
- Beaded accessories
- Natural stones necklaces
- Mexican silver accessories
- Mexican home decor pieces
- Baja surf ponchos
- Mexican girl dresses
- Mexican party decorations
You can buy retail or wholesale. Ask for the special wholesale prices starting at 30% off when ordering 5 or more items! If you are planning to open an online store, Montse provides a guide and also offers consulting services.
The majority of their products are designed and handmade by local Mexican artisans. Each piece comes from the indigenous areas of the Sierra Madre del Sur, the Tehuantepec Istmo, the Yucatan Peninsula, and other remote areas of Mexico.
Every purchase that you make here helps to preserve and promote the culture and traditions of indigenous communities, which, based on their government's neglect, have become marginalized.
4 Fun Facts
2. The owners are Spanish speakers, both of them (Montse used to be the long-haired dictionary of Eric) So, if you speak Spanish don't hesitate to reach them out en español! They would love to provide you the best customer service in Spanish.
3. Each traditional clothing item is authentic and rare and may have some variations in colors, patterns, and sizes. (i.e. one-of-a-kind) That being said, certain items you purchase will be beautiful and unique. Like you. You won't easily find another bonita girl dressed the same as you.
4. You may find Bonita Boutique out and about at different events in the south Florida area where they often participate in festivals and fairs as a vendor. Ask if you want to know where they will be!